5 Things to Know Today in Manalapan: Aug. 1, 2012
A compilation of the need to know info and events going on in, and around, Manalapan Township and the Borough of Englishtown.
1. Possible Showers: According to the National Weather Service, today will be mostly cloudy with a high temperature around 83 degrees. There is a 50 percent chance of rain and thunderstorms after 10 a.m. that may produce some heavy rain. At night you can expect the skies to remain cloudy and the low temperature to drop to around 68.
- The Manalapan Transportation Committee meets in room 216 of the Manalapan Township Municipal Building at 7:30 p.m. tonight.
3. Film Noir Lecture: Chris Messineo, a Director at the NJ Film School in Martinsville, will be holding a lecture at the Monmouth County Library tonight entitled “Film Noir: The Stuff that Dreams are Made Of”. Messineo will discuss and dissect classic film noir movies such as Double Indemnity, The Killers, The Night and the City and The Maltese Falcon. The class begins at 7 p.m.
4. Blues Brotherhood Concert: Blues Brotherhood, a Blues Brothers tribute band, will be performing tonight at the Freehold Raceway Mall as a part of their Summer Concert Series. The free concert will take place in the outside lifestyle village between the Cheesecake Factory and Brio Tuscan Grille from 6 p.m. - 8 p.m. Bring a beach chair!
5. Kids Karaoke?: Tired of taking your kids bowling or to a movie in the summer evening? Take them to McGinn’s in Jackson for kids karaoke! Enjoy dinner while watching your children dance and sing. McGinn’s is located at 571 Monmouth Road in Jackson. Karoke takes place from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m.