5 Things to Know Today in Manalapan: Aug. 15, 2012
A compilation of the need to know info and events going on in, and around, Manalapan Township and the Borough of Englishtown.
1. Clouds and Rain: The National Weather Service is calling for scattered rain showers and thunderstorms today; the chance of precipitation is 50 percent. Otherwise, the day will be mostly cloudy with a high temperature around 87. Tonight, the rain may continue, but the mostly cloudy sky will eventually break up overnight and become clear. The low temperature will near 65.
- The Environmental Commission is meeting in room 213 of the Manalapan Township Municipal Building at 7:30 p.m.
- The Manalapan Township Committee is holding a public meeting tonight in the courtroom of the Manalapan Township Municipal Building at 8 p.m. For tonight’s agenda, click here. Ordinance No. 2012-11, listed on the agenda, will be carried and no action will be taken on it tonight. This ordinance pertains to the “Limited Business Millhurst”, “ Limited Business Wilson Avenue” and the “OP-10 Office Park Space”.
3. Back to School Activities at A.C. Moore: A.C. Moore Arts and Crafts, located at 7 Rt. 9 in Manalapan, will be holding a free “Make & Take” crafts and demonstration event today at 1 p.m. Today, an Elmer’s Decorative Masking Tape Pencil Box will be created.
4. Autism Speaks Event: Tiny Tots Therapy, Inc. of Manalapan has teamed up with Autism Speaks to raise money for the charity. The event will be held at The Brown Stone at 932 Middlesex Avenue in Metuchen. The benefit includes dinner, dessert, and refreshments and begins at 6 p.m. A minimum donation of $15 is required.
5. International Film at the Library: The Monmouth County Library will be playing the international film “Of Gods and Men” twice today, at 2 p.m. and at 6:30 p.m. This film is a part of the library’s “Summer International Film Series” and it follows eight Trappist monsk who live with their Muslim brothers in a monastery in North Africa.