5 Things to Know Today in Manalapan: Aug. 31, 2012
A compilation of the need to know info and events going on in, and around, Manalapan Township and the Borough of Englishtown.
1. Heat and Sun: The National Weather Service is calling for a sunny day with a high temperature near 87 degrees. Tonight will be partly cloudy with a low of about 66.
- The Senior Citizen Executive Board meets in room 213 of the Manalapan Township Municipal Building at 10 a.m.
3. Farmer’s Market: With the summer winding down, I want to stock up on as much fresh produce as possible. The best bet locally is to visit the Freehold Farmer’s Market in front of the Monmouth County Offices at 1 E. Main Street in Freehold Borough. The Farmer’s Market will be open today from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
4. Senior Bingo: Manalapan senior citizens are getting together for bingo today at the Manalapan Senior Center at 10:30 a.m. Lunch will not be provided today, please bring your own.
5. Back to School at A.C. Moore: A.C. Moore is aiming to make Back to School season more fun and on Sept. 1 join them for a Back to School Memories Shadow Box demonstration and learn how to make the first day of school memories last. The demonstration begins at the A.C. Moore, located on Route 9 in Manalapan, at 1 p.m.