5 Things to Know Today in Manalapan: July 12, 2012
A compilation of the need to know info and events going on in, and around, Manalapan Township and the Borough of Englishtown.
1. Sunny and Hot!: The National Weather Service is predicting a 90 degree, mostly sunny day with slight wind. Tonight, the wind calms down, some clouds roll in, and the low temperature dips to 67.
- The Municipal Agricultural Advisory Committee meets in room 213 of the Manalapan Township Municipal Building at 7 p.m.
- The Planning Board meets in the courtroom of the Manalapan Township Municipal Building at 8 p.m.
3. Business Networking: The Monmouth Business Exchange (MBX) networking group is hosting a business card exchange and b2b networking meeting at Perkins Restaurant in Freehold from 7:30 a.m. - 8:30 a.m. Business professionals looking to join a network of lead sharing professionals are encouraged to join. Anyone who becomes a MBX member has exclusivity in their business category. If you are interested in attending the meeeting please call (732) 908-0440 for more information and to find out if your business category is available.
4. Teen Advisory Board: The Monmouth County Library Teen Advisory Board meets tonight at library headquarters at 7:30 p.m. This group, for teenagers between 13-18, is a great way to for students to earn Community Service hours.
5. Summer Staycation Ideas: Patch blogger Robin Birkel shares some great ideas on how to have a “vacation” without getting on a plane! With the bad economy, these creative staycation ideas are a great reference in deciding where you want to spend your free time this summer for a lot less money.