5 Things to Know Today in Manalapan: July 25, 2012
A compilation of the need to know info and events going on in, and around, Manalapan Township and the Borough of Englishtown.
1. Sunshiny: According to the National Weather Service, today will be sunny with a high temp near 85. Tonight will be partly slouchy with a low around 67.
- The Englishtown Mayor and Council are holding a meeting tonight at the Englishtown Municipal Building at 6:30 p.m.
- The Manalapan Mayor is holding a Town Hall meeting tonight at Covered Bridge at 8 p.m. Have a question you want answered? Come by and ask!
3. Monmouth County Fair: The 38th annual Monmouth County Fair kicks off tonight at 5 p.m. at the East Freehold Showgrounds on Kozloski Rd. in Freehold. The fair runs through Sunday, July 29. Tonight’s highlights include an $18 pay-one-price for rides, the Monmouth County Firefighters Association Busted Hose and Ladder Competition, live chicks hatching, fireworks, and more! General admission is $7; children under 12 are free.
4. Internet One-on-One: The Monmouth County Library is offering free basic one-on-one instruction about computers, Internet, email, and the like to all current library cardholders. Please visit the library’s Reference Desk or call 732-431-7220, ext. 7222 to schedule an appointment.
5. Rabid Bat Found in Manalapan: The Manalapan Health Department is reporting a case of the rabies virus in our area as a bat has tested positive for rabies. For tips on how to deal with a bat altercation, click here.