5 Things to Know Today in Manalapan: July 30, 2012
A compilation of the need to know info and events going on in, and around, Manalapan Township and the Borough of Englishtown.
1. Warm and Sunny: According to the National Weather Service, today will be partly sunny with a high temperature near 83. Tonight will be mostly cloudy with a low around 66. There will also be a 30 percent chance of rain late.
2. Arts and Crafts: The Manalapan Night Recreation Children’s Arts and Crafts is being held tonight at the Kuschik Pavilion within the Manalapan Recreation Center at 6:30 p.m. The classes last about a half an hour and are open to children between the ages of 4 and 10.
3. Yoga at the Library: A Yoga for Beginners class led by certified Dharma Yoga teacher Steven Russell is being held today at the Monmouth County Library at 7 p.m. The free class is open to all yogis - from the experienced to the inexperienced, but you must be at least 18-years-old. Please bring a mat or large towel to the class.
4. Moviefriend App: Manalapan resident Michael Tesalona and Bryan Wong, of Old Bridge, have created a new iPhone application called Moviefriend. The mobile app, which launched yesterday, compiles the lists of movies your friends on Facebook like - so you’re essentially getting movie recommendations from your friends!
5. National Cheesecake Day: Celebrate one of the tastiest holidays of all time today - National Cheesecake Day, an unofficial American holiday celebrated every July 30. While you can make your own delicious cheesecake, I suggest heading over to the Cheesecake Factory located at the Freehold Raceway Mall and indulge in one of their 39 cheesecakes; it's a much easier way to celebrate.