5 Things to Know Today in Manalapan: July 9, 2012
A compilation of the need to know info and events going on in, and around Manalapan Township and the Borough of Englishtown.
1. Perfect Summer Day: Today will be mostly sunny with a high around 85, according to the National Weather Service. Tonight the sky will become mostly cloudy and the low will drop to around 62.
- The Cable TV Advisory Committee is meeting at 7:30 p.m. tonight at the Manalapan Township Municipal Building.
- The Recreation Advisory Board is meeting at 8 p.m. tonight at the Recreation Main Office.
3. Children’s Arts and Crafts: Manalapan Recreation is sponsoring arts and crafts this summer on Mondays and Thursdays at 6:30 p.m. at the Manalapan Recreation Center. Each class is an average of 30 minutes long and open to children between the ages of 4 and 10.
4. Speaking of Crafts…: The Monmouth County Library is holding a Dream Catchers School Age Craft today at 10:30 a.m. This craft is for first graders and older.
5. Networking and Baseball: The GMCC Young Professionals Group and Lakewood BlueClaws Inaugural Softball Tournament is being held tonight at 57 Shanck Rd. in Freehold. Get out to the ballpark tonight with your family to get a behind the scenes look at FirstEnergy Ballpark in Lakewood, play softball, and network with business professionals. A $20 ticket includes food and beverages, beer and wine specials, and a T-shirt for your team.