5 Things to Know Today in Manalapan: June 13, 2012
A compilation of the need to know info and events going on in, and around, Manalapan Township and the Borough of Englishtown.
1. Possible Rain: According to the National Weather Service, there will be a 40 percent chance of rain today, which will most likely fall in the morning. Otherwise, today will be partly sunny with a high around 77. Tonight will be mostly cloudy and the low drops to about 60.
2. Shakespeare Crash Course: The Monmouth County Library is holding a free Shakespeare “crash course” today at 6:30 p.m. Speaking the Speech, which is the name of the class, is a part of the library’s “CeleBritain: Celebrating British Influence” program which is being celebrated throughout the month of June.
Jamie Brink, an accomplished theater professional and educator formerly of the Shakespeare Theatre of New Jersey, will teach young actors and non-actors techniques on how to speak Shakespearean poetry.
3. Manalapan Soccer Club Fall Registration: Registration for the Fall 2012 season of the Manalapan Soccer Club is now open. For information on registration, please click here.
- Pokeno Game at 9 a.m.
- Strength Training Class at 9:30 a.m.
- Video Exercise Class at 1:45 p.m.
5. Want to Live Forever?: While immortality is still unattainable, Patch Blogger Eraldo Maglara discusses ways in which you can live longer by leading a healthier lifestyle. Learn his tips here!