5 Things to Know Today in Manalapan: Nov. 2, 2012
A compilation of the need to know info and events going on in, and around, Manalapan Township and the Borough of Englishtown.
1. Partly Sunny: Today will be partly sunny, according to the National Weather Service, with the high temp reaching around 56. Tonight will be mostly cloudy with the low dropping to around 37.
2. Government: The Manalapan Township Municipal Building will be open today.
3. School’s Open: Manalapan-Englishtown Regional Schools and Manalapan High School will be closed today due to lack of power. The Freehold Regional High School District will provide information Sunday evening as to whether they will be open on Monday. The Manalapan-Englishtown Regional School District will also provide information about openings next week as soon as it becomes available.
4. Power Outages: JCP&L has reported that power in Manalapan may take 7 to 10 days to be restored, although a significant amount of residents have seen a restoration in power since Tuesday morning. For information on a resident shelter in Manalapan, please call the Manalapan Township Municipal Building at 732-446-3200.
5. Suffer Damage?: If you have suffered any damage due to Hurricane Sandy, Monmouth County has become eligible for FEMA funds and the county is urging all residents who suffered some type of loss or damage to apply. For more information, click here.