5 Things to Know Today in Manalapan: Oct. 16, 2012
A compilation of the need to know info and events going on in, and around, Manalapan Township and the Borough of Englishtown.
1. Sunny Day: Today will be sunny with a high temperature around 64, according to the National Weather Service. Winds may reach up to 16 MPH. Tonight will be clear and the low will dip to about 41.
- The Manalapan Township Committee Candidates for this year’s election will be debating tonight at 7:30 p.m. Incumbent Ryan Green (R) will be debating with challenger Seth Ptasawiecz (D) in the courtroom of the Manalapan Township Municipal Building. Doors open at 7 p.m.; seats are on a first come, first served basis.
3. Manalapan High School Sports:
No home games are scheduled for today.
- Girls Varsity Tennis vs. Middletown High School South at 3:45 p.m.
- Girls Varsity Gymnastics vs. Ocean Township High School at 4 p.m.
4. Moonrise Kingdom: The Monmouth County Library will be showing Wes Anderson’s Moonrise Kingdom today at 2 p.m. as a part of their “A Toast to Family and Friends” film series. Starring Bruce Willis, Edward Norton, Bill Murrya and Frances McDormand, Moonrise Kingdom follows the story of two twelve-year-old who fall in love.
5. Rush Holt Thank You Party: Former Manalapan Mayor Michelle Roth is holding a Thank You Party for Congressman Rush Holt at her home on 5 Glenwood Court in Manalapan tonight. Democrats from around Monmouth County are gathering to say thank you to Holt for serving for the pat 16 years. The event is from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. and costs $50.