5 Things to Know Today in Manalapan: Oct. 19, 2012
A compilation of the need to know info and events going on in, and around, Manalapan Township and the Borough of Englishtown.
1. Stormy: The National Weather Service is calling for an 80 percent chance of rain showers today and a possible thunderstorm before 2 p.m. The high temperature today will reach about 74. The low temperature tonight will drop to about 53 and there will be a 50 percent chance of rain.
2. National Mammography Day: This is a holiday created by the American Cancer Society with the purpose of encouraging women 40 and older to schedule their yearly mammogram. Here is a list of local places where you can schedule a breast examination.
3. Manalapan High School Sports:
- There are no home games scheduled for today.
- Girls Varsity Soccer Shore Conference Tournament Game vs. Howell High School at 3 p.m.
4. Paper Shredding: A “Paper Shredding Party” will be held this Saturday, Oct. 20 at the Manalapan Township Municipal Building from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Bring boxes of your unwanted papers to be shredded in a mobile truck. This event is funded by a state recycling grant.
5. “Issues Women Care About” Forum: The Monmouth County Women for Obama’s organization is hosting a forum on “Issues Women Care About” on Saturday, Oct. 20 at the Monmouth County Library at noon. For more information, click here.