Five Things to Know Today: August 9, 2011
A compilation of the need to know info and events going on in, and around, Manalapan Township.
1. Possible Showers Late Today: According to the National Weather Service, there is a 30 percent chance of rain showers and thunderstorms after 3 p.m. today. Otherwise, the rest of the day will be partly sunny with a high temperature around 85 degrees. Tonight, there is a 60 percent chance of precipitation after 8 p.m.; the low tonight will reach 68.
- The Economic Development Council will meet at 7 p.m. tonight in room 216 of the Manalapan Township Municipal Building.
- The Shade Tree Commission meets tonight at 7:30 p.m. in room 213 of the Manalapan Township Municipal Building.
3. Shakespeare at the Library: Come to Monmouth County Library Headquarters tonight at 7 p.m. to enjoy “Tartuffe”, a Shakespeare play put on by the cast of the Next Stage Ensemble (a division of the The Shakesbeare Theatre of New Jersey’s Summer Professional Training Program).
4. Manalapan-Englishtown BOE: The Manalapan-Englishtown Regional School District Board of Education meets tonight at 7:30 p.m. at the administration building in Englishtown. The meeting will be a workshop meeting about the goals of the board, the superintendent and the district. Parts of the meeting will be taken into a closed session; action will not be taken and there will be no public portion of the meeting tonight.