Five Things to Know Today: Memorial Day 2011 Edition
A list of everything going on in Manalapan and Englishtown this Memorial Day 2011.
1. Unofficial Welcome of Summer!: This Memorial Day expects glorious weather, with a high near 90 and mostly sunny skies, according to the National Weather Service. Tonight, temperatures drop to a warm 70 and some cloud coverage rolls in. Get outside today and enjoy the beautiful, summer weather! First, read the advice of Manalapan Patch’s blogger, Lauren Baldwin, on protecting your children from harmful UV rays.
2. Englishtown Memorial Day Parade: The Memorial Day Parade in Englishtown kicks off at 2 p.m. at the corner of Tennant Avenue and Main Street. Be sure to get there early to get a spot!
3. Historic Village Inn opens: “The cornerstone of Englishtown’s History”, the Village Inn, will be open today from noon to 5 p.m. Entry donation costs $2, children 12-years-old and under are free. All funds go towards the restoration of the landmark.
4. Garbage Pickup: There will be normal garbage collection in Manalapan Township today. Garbage and recycling should be placed at the curb.
5. Closed for the day: All government offices, Manalapan Township, Borough of Englishtown, and Monmouth County government offices are closed and the Manalapan Senior Center is closed in observance of Memorial Day. Freehold Regional High School District and Manalapan-Englishtown Regional School District students are off from school. The Monmouth County Library is closed. No mail will be picked up or delivered today.