Manalapan-Englishtown Election Guide
The candidates, incumbents and issues that will be affecting the township and Monmouth County.
As we look ahead to November’s elections, Manalapan Patch is devoted to bring you the information you need about every race in town. Here's our start on the candidates and issues we'll be covering as November draws near. Bookmark this page for updates.
- Township Committee: Incumbent Ryan Green (R) will face Democratic challenger Seth Ptasiewcz for the one three-year term on the Manalapan Township Committee.
- Englishtown Borough: Incumbents Lori Cooke (R) and Maryanne Krawiec (R) look to return to their seats on the Council for another term. Two spots are open and they are running unopposed.
- Monmouth County Freeholders: Voters will fill one three-year term, with Republican incumbent John Curley facing Democratic challenger William Shea, who was defeated in his freeholder bid in 2011. Incumbent Republican Freehold Serena DiMaso will seek a one-year, unexpired term. DiMaso faces Democratic challenger Kevin Lavan.
- 4th Congressional District: Incumbent Christopher H. Smith (R) and Terrence McGowan (R) will take on Brian P. Froelich
- U.S. Senate: U.S. Senator Bob Menendez (D), the junior United States Senator from New Jersey who was first appointed in 2006 to fill Jon Corzine's seat, takes on Republican challenger Joe Kyrillos, who easily defeated three opponents in the primary.
- U.S. President: President Barack Obama will presumptively face former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney in a campaign that has already focused heavily on the economy and job growth.