Week Ahead: Learn About Irish Tea, Township Committee Meeting
Here is a compilation of what is going on in Manalapan Township during the week of March 11-March 15.
The Manalapan Township Committee is meeting in the courtroom of the Manalapan Municipal Building at 8 p.m. on Wednesday, March 13. For the full agenda, click here.
The Manalapan Planning Board is meeting in the courtroom of the Manalapan Municipal Building at 8 p.m. on Thursday, March 14. For the full agenda, click here.
Other local government meetings this week:
- The Recreation Advisory Board - Monday, March 11 in the Recreation Main Office at 7:30 p.m.
- The Manalapan Shade Tree Commission - Tuesday, March 12 in room 213 of the Manalapan Township Municipal Building at 7:30 p.m.
- The Economic Development Committee - Tuesday, March 12 in room 216 of the Manalapan Township Municipal Building at 8 p.m.
- The Senior Citizen Advisory - Chapters 1, 2, 3 - Wednesday, March 13 in room 213 of the Manalapan Township Municipal Building at 9:30 a.m.
- The Municipal Agriculture Advisory Committee - Thursday, March 14 in room 213 of the Manalapan Township Municipal Building at 7 p.m.
Manalapan - Englishtown Board of Education Meeting
The Manalapan-Englishtown Regional School District Board of Education is meeting Tuesday, March 12 at their administration building in Englishtown at 7:30 p.m. This is a regular action meeting.
HSPA Make-Up Testing
Freehold Regional High School District students who missed the HSPA test administration last week will be able to make up the test Tuesday, March 12 through Thursday, March 14.
Monmouth County Library Events
The Big Read
The Big Read, a program of the National Endowment for the Arts, encourages citizens to read for pleasure. The library has teamed up with the Center for Holocaust, Human Rights and Genocide at Brookdale Community College to present programs inspired by The Big Read. This Wednesday, March 13 the Big Read program is a dramatic presentation of three pivotal scenes from “A Lesson Before Dying” by Ernest J. Gaines at 4 p.m. The performance will be followed by a discussion with the actors and director.
Irish Tea, Food, and Folklore
Judith Krall-Russo will be sharing her knowledge of food, beverage, and folklore of Ireland at the Monmouth County Library on Thursday, March 14 at 4 p.m. Krall-Russo is a tea and food historian and she will be shedding some light on the strong brews and the crumbly scones of the Emerald isle.