What Are Your Christmas Eve Traditions?
Share your Christmas Eve traditions with Patch!
While everyone gets excited for Christmas, some people get even more excited for Christmas Eve.
Traditions bond families together; they create a sense of nostalgia and warmth spurred on by childhood memories and ritual. Some people carry on the traditions they experienced as a child, while other families create their own traditions with their own children.
So, what are your Christmas Eve traditions?
- Do you trim your tree Christmas Eve?
- Do you allow everyone to open one Christmas gift?
- Open gifts at midnight?
- Do you attend Midnight Mass?
- Do you leave a carrot out for Santa’s reindeer?
- Do you watch classic Christmas movies?
- Go Christmas Caroling?
- Make Gingerbread houses?
- If you are Italian, do you cook and serve a Feast of the Seven Fishes?
- Or, do you get takeout?