1. Cloudy Day: Today will be mostly cloudy with a 40 percent chance of rain and a high temperature around 79, according to the National Weather Service. Tonight the rain continues and there will be a chance of thunderstorms. The sky will remain mostly cloudy and the low temperature will dip to about 60.
2. Yom Kippur: Today is Yom Kippur, the holiest day of the year in the Jewish calendar. Today, Jews fast in contrition for their sins. For a list of local Yom Kippur services, click here.
3. School’s Out: The Manalapan-Englishtown Regional Schools and all of the Freehold Regional High School district schools are closed today in observance of Yom Kippur.
4. T’ai Chi Chih at the Library: Head on over to the Monmouth County Library tonight to participate in a T’ai Chi Chih class, a meditative form of exercise that provides spiritual and health benefits. The class, beginning at 7 p.m., will be instructed by Dan Pienciack who has been practicing T’ai Chi since 1995.
5. Post a "Letter to the Editor": Thinking of submitting a “Letter to the Editor” for publication on Patch? Well, don’t submit it - publish it yourself! Patch is extremely user friendly and we encourage our readers to engage in our website. Here is how to post a “Letter to the Editor” all by yourself!