The Borough of Englishtown has provided the following information regarding the affects of Hurricane Sandy on residents:
- Jersey Central Power & Light is working to restore power in the Borough, they have reported that it will be restored within 7 to 10 days. If this changes, the Borough will alert residents immediately. Also, please be sure to report any downed power lines in the area.
- The water in Englishtown is safe to consume and use, however, the Department of Environmental Protection Commissioner issued an Administrative Order No. 2012-12 imposing statewide water use restrictions in order to preserve water supplies due to the compromised energy supply network and to reduce the strain on supplemental fuel sources being used to operate a number of water systems. The water use restrictions will be in place temporarily.
- The mandatory Monmouth County curfew of 7 p.m. to 7 a.m. has been lifted for Englishtown.
- Election day will still be held on Tuesday, Nov. 6 at the Englishtown Municipal Building from 6 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- There will be double garbage pick-up on Friday, Nov. 2. Please place all cans on the curb Thursday night.
- The Englishtown Municipal Building will be open on Friday, Nov. 2 from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.