What better way to celebrate icy cold January than with your favorite Arctic bird?
Penguin Awareness Day is on Jan. 20—so bundle up your kids and take them to Jenkinson's Aquarium in Point Pleast Beach to view their African Penguin exhibt to learn more about the native bird from Antarctica. This is a great opportunity to get everyone out of the house and see penguins in action.
Penguin Awareness Day became a holiday in order to raise awareness to the fact that these flightless birds are on the endangered species list.
Other ways to celebrate this holiday include:
- Dressing like a penguin (those tuxedos are cute!)
- Donating to Non-Profit Organizations that Help Penguins
- Adopt a Penguin
- Educate yourself about penguins and share what you learn with family and friends
- Watch a Penguin Movie. Check out the Redboxes located outside of Wegmans, Super Stop and Shop, CVS and Walgreens.
- Read a book about Penguins from the Monmouth County Library
- Indulge in Penguin Desserts from Salomon's Bakery, La Dolce Bakery, and Wegmans.
- Eat like a penguin by ordering sashimi from Konbu!
TELL US: How will you celebrate this fun holiday in town?