While everyone gets excited for Christmas, some people get even more excited for Christmas Eve.
Traditions bond families together; they create a sense of nostalgia and warmth spurred on by childhood memories and ritual. Some people carry on the traditions they experienced as a child, while other families create their own traditions with their own children.
So, what are your Christmas Eve traditions?
- Do you trim your tree Christmas Eve?
- Do you allow everyone to open one Christmas gift?
- Open gifts at midnight?
- Do you attend Midnight Mass?
- Do you leave a carrot out for Santa’s reindeer?
- Do you watch classic Christmas movies?
- Go Christmas Caroling?
- Make Gingerbread houses?
- If you are Italian, do you cook and serve a Feast of the Seven Fishes?
- Or, do you get takeout?