.

2 Employees Suffer Burns While Working on Air Conditioning Unit

One worker had severe burns, police said.

One man was severely burned, and another suffered minor burns while were performing maintenance on an air conditioning unit at a Pebble Road house Wednesday, police said.

Employees from Temprite Heating and Cooling in Freehold were working on the unit “when a sudden release of refrigerant was expelled,” East Windsor Police said.

Manalapan resident Robert Harris, 44, suffered severe chemical burns to his arms, legs and facial area, and Derek Fix, 20, of Bayville, received minor burns to his head and facial area, police said. Both were transported to University Medical Center at Princeton-Plainboro Campus.

East Windsor Volunteer Fire Company #1, Hightstown Engine Company, Plainsboro Fire Company and Capital Health Systems EMS responded to the scene.

 

Follow East Windsor Patch on FacebookTwitter and sign up for the daily newsletter.

Joan Scottodifrega June 16, 2012 at 03:08 PM
Good Luck and wish you speedy recovery Rob. Keeping you and your family in our thoughts and prayers

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »