Chainsaw Lit Tree, House on Fire, Manalapan Police Say

The first coursed from the chainsaw to a tree to a gas meter to a home.

A chainsaw was the source of a Knox Lane fire in Manalapan on Saturday.

Manalapan Township police say the blaze started when the chainsaw caught a tree on fire, when then lit up a gas meter and then the home. The 63-year-old homeowner suffered minor burns to his hands after attempting to move the chainsaw away from the building.

Manalapan Township police and fire department personnel from Manalapan Township Fire Department, Gordon's Corner Fire Department, Robertsville Fire Department and East Freehold Fire Department responded to the scene at 1:13 p.m. to find the home fully engulfed.

Also assisting at the scene was the Englishtown Manalapan First Aid Squad, NJ Natural Gas, and Jersey Central Power & Light.


More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »