Despite all the disruptions caused by Hurricane Sandy, the polls will open for the general election on Tuesday, Nov. 6.
Freehold County Clerk M. Claire French confirmed there will be voting on Tuesday, as planned.
"As far as I know, we are going ahead with the election," said French on Wednesday afternoon, who has been in touch with the NJ Election Division in Trenton. "We have not been notified by any changes, no dates have been extended, no deadlines changed. We are planning on voting on Tuesday."
Each municipal clerk will make plans for location changes if necessary, she said.
According to Manalapan Township Municipal Clerk Regina Preteroti, no polling changes have been made in Manalapan due to the storm. The polls are being delivered and none of the locations have been damaged from Hurricane Sandy.
Manalapan Polling Locations:
- District 1, 13 - Manalapan-Englishtown Middle School (MEMS), 155 Millhurst Road
- District 2 - Community Refuge Church of Christ, 4 Sobechko Road
- District 3, 4, 9 - St. Thomas More Church, 186 Gordons Corner Road
- District 7, 8 - Lafayette Mills School, 66 Maxwell Lane
- District 5, 10, 11, 12, and 15 - Covered Bridge I Clubhouse (ballroom) 1 Amberly Drive
- District 16 - Covered Bridge II Clubhouse (meeting room), 1 Covered Bridge Blvd.
- District 6, 14, 17, 26 - Monmouth County Library (rear entrance), 125 Symmes Drive
- District 18, 21, 22 - Knob Hill Country Lanes, 363 Route 33 East
- District 19, 23 - Western Monmouth Utility Authority, 103 Pension Road
- District 20, 24 - Pine Brook Care Center (front entrance),104 Pension Road
- District 25 - Manalapan Senior Center, 211 Freehold Road (Route 522)
- District 27 - Four Seasons at Manalapan (clubhouse), 44 PALOMINO DRIVE
Early voting will be accomodated in Freehold, at the election office 300 Halls Mills Road in Freehold. Information will be posted on the county website, or voters may call 732-431-7790.