The Englishtown Mayor and Council are meeting in the courtroom of the Englishtown Municipal Building on Wednesday at 6:30 p.m.
The Manalapan Township Committee is holding a Town Hall at the Four Seasons at Manalapan on Wednesday at 8 p.m.
Other government meetings this week:
- The Manalapan Teen CERT is meeting in room 216 of the Manalapan Municipal Building at 7 p.m. on Monday.
- The Board of Health is meeting in room 216 of the Manalapan Municipal Building at 7 p.m. on Monday.
- The Teen Leadership Committee is meeting in the downstairs section of the Manalapan Police Department on Thursday at 6:30 p.m.
- The Planning Board is meeting in the courtroom of the Manalapan Municipal Building at 8 p.m. on Thursday.
- The Community Alliance is meeting in the Senior Center at 5:50 p.m. on Thursday.
- The Senior Citizen Executive Board is meeting in room 213 of the Manalapan Municipal Building at 10 a.m. on Friday.
The Manalapan-Englishtown School District Board of Education is meeting on Tuesday at 7:30 p.m. at the district’s administration building, located at 54 Main Street in Englishtown.
The Manalapan-Englishtown Middle School is holding Back to School night for seventh grade students on Monday and for eighth grade students on Tuesday night. Both events will take place between 6:45 p.m. and 9 p.m.
Pine Brook School Back-to-School night is scheduled for Wednesday.
The Village Inn Meeting
The Village Inn’s monthly meeting will be held on Friday at 7:30 p.m. Steve Dillon, a Revolutionary War Reenactor, will be the guest speaker at the meeting. Dillon is a member of the second Virginia Regiment and will appear at the meeting in full period costume to discuss all aspects of reenactment. This meeting is open to the public.
Banned Book Week
September 22 through September 28 is Banned Book Week and the Monmouth County Library System is celebrating our freedom to read by having local displays at each library branch. Visit the Monmouth County Library in Manalapan this week to visit the display and exercise your freedom to read all books, even those that have been previously rejected or touted as unorthodox.
Cub Scout Pack 154 Open House
Cub Scout Pack 154 is holding a New Scout Information Night on Friday at 7 p.m. at the First Presbyterian Church, located at 50 Main Street in Englishtown. Cub Scouts are for boys in grades 1 through 5. Kids and parents are invite to this open house to learn all about cub scouts and there is no obligation to join. Leaders will share information and answer questions and there will be hands-on demonstrations of scout skills including knot-tying, woodworking, camping, and first aid. For more information on the information session, click here.